Wednesday 23 May 2012

Gokayama - suganuma chapter 童话式雪中小屋の菅沼篇

Next destination  -- Suganuma

I can't find any information on this place. This place doesn't have any website for me to do research. I wouldn't mind for a website to share a very limited minimum level of information...I didn't even know what will be available there? what was the attraction there? where was the viewing deck? any map available?







Here was not really interesting compare to Ainokura, or maybe just came from Ainokura...so here wasn't an attraction to me??!!! Museum here cannot take photo. According to the caretaker, there was God (altar) in the house so no photography allowed.

Sorry for refusing to listen!

I was the only visitor here. Most of the things I have seen in Ainokura, exhibition no much differences

the altar



The only thing not available in Ainokura

When i first opened the door, I thought he was the caretaker of this place. After several greetings still not response??? Then only I looked at him properly, he didn't look like ordinary people and...fake people. What a shame 



Not a real gun. It was used to shoot at the target to activate the movie/show on the LCD screen. I stood here too long until the museum people came here to see what happened! Here also no photography allowed. Luckily I was ready to leave when she came

Public toilet. I looked at the entrance I really felt reluctant to go in...I thought it must be dirty and smelly BUT it was not and it was extremely clean and without bad smell. I judged it by the appearance again! Sorry...I will try to change.

I wasted a lot of time then only see this map. I thought this place was so small and nothing to see + i looked for viewing deck for a very long time. I don't have time for the other side, it took me more than 10minutes to walk there. Nobody there as well after my 10minutes walk...I immediately turned back to wait for the bus as I didn't want to miss the bus and wait for additional 2 hours at this boring place. BY looking at the poster, I saw a place which was the attraction near Takayama, I felt like want to walk there to save the bus fares. I worried if it was just using the same name but different destination altogether as what I expected then I really die...I gave up the idea

Finally I found the viewing deck, you guess where was it -- it was the road where the cars and buses passed by!!!

I waited for bus at the opposite direction again! The bus passed by and saw me...he stopped and waited for me but no response. He purposely came to the hut to call me! So nice! I was sorry that I was not going to the direction...just that opposite direction was just a signboard without a hut. I felt cold to stand there...After few minutes, I tried to hitch hike...I felt upset and planned to give up Shirakawago. For me, I didn't see any attraction of Shirakawago after Ainokura. I hold a white paper with the word "Takayama 高山". I was very shy and didn't have the courages but i did try for few cars. They really slow down to look at the paper! In the end, bus came first...no choice hop on to the bus! 

1 comment: